Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Fresh Meadows


I choose to use this as a representational picture of my neighborhood. This is a sign of Utopia Playground, but everyone calls it Jewel Park. It's located in Fresh Meadows on Jewel Avenue and Utopia Parkway. I think this park embodies Fresh Meadows because it is where everyone, when at the right age, went to hang out. Fresh Meadows is mainly a residential area with many public and private schools. Two main elementary schools in the area are PS 173 and PS 178. Holy Family Catholic School is another elementary/junior high school. MS 216 is the local junior high and Francis Lewis High School and St. Fancis Prep are the two high schools. Because there are so many schools, most kids, after school, go to Jewel Park to hang out, play basketball, handball, etc. and it really brings the young community together. This was where I met a lot of my friends who did not go to the same school as I did and it was where I went to socialize. It's location is key in bringing everyone together as well. It is right in the center of all these schools and it was very easy to get to.

No comments: