Sunday, April 8, 2007

My childhood toys

Wow it seems like so long ago its hard to remember what I played with. I'm sure there was of course my Barbies and dolls. It some of the articles we've read we realize that barbie sends out distorted images of what women should look like. My dolls I always treated like babies and they were always being pushed around in a stroller. I guess that shows that because I am a woman, I am supposed to be nurturing and caring. I remember also having tea sets and kitchen sets. Again this taught me that as a woman, cooking was one of my jobs no matter what. I also enjoyed playing with legos. I think legos is socially acceptable for either sex to play with. Puzzles are another thing I used to play with but again I think it was acceptable and not gender identifying. I can't think of any other toys but if I do I'll post it.

No comments: