Wednesday, April 18, 2007

I took this picture of my neighborhood from the window of my apartment on the 6th floor. This is 73rd street and 35 Avenue in Jackson Heights. A block down is the 74 street and Broadway stop on the 7 train. I've lived on this block my whole life and the most interesting part about it is the diversity. Jackson Heights is well known for its mixed population of Hispanics, Europeans, and Asians. My elementary school, P.S. 69 (four blocks away) and my junior high school, I.S. 230 (one block down) refelcted that diversity and all my friends were always mixed. If you look closely in the picture, down the block is where Little India begins. Little India is a couple of blocks here in Jackson Heights that is full of Indian culture, with Indian restaurants, markets, jewlery shops and such.

No comments: