Monday, March 19, 2007

stereotypes

Ethnicity- Jewish
I think that people relate jews with being rich, cheap, loud, stuck-up, doctors, big noses, big families, israel, hebrew, the bible, religion.
I'm religious and I know a little bit of hebrew, but none of the other things really apply to me.

Race- White
I think people relate white people with being pompous, suburban, big houses, racist, smart, golf-players, having 2 kids and a dog, wearing wife beaters, having good jobs, wealthy, christian.
I personaly don't think that I fit into any one of those categories.

Gender- Male
People usually associate males with being virile, strong, athletic, competitive, liking sports, insensitive, pompous, sexist, liking meat and drinking alcohol.
Some of these apply to me and some don't, but none necesarily because i'm male.

Sexuality- Heterosexual
People usually relate heterosexuals as being homophobic, insensitive, manly, having chewed fingernails, bad sense of fashion, sexist, manly, athletic, virile, and competitive.
I think i can relate to most of these sterotypes, but some more so then others

No comments: