Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Stereotypes


Hispanics:
1. Thought to be uneducated
2. All Hispanic people are thought of as illegally entering the US
3. People tend to automatically assume that if you are Hispanic, you’re Mexican.
4. If you are Hispanic, you must be dealing drugs.
5. Latinos tend to steal.
6. Spanish food is known as Taco Bell and rice and beans.
7. Soccer is Gods gift to man.
8. You are supposed to have a tan.
9. Hispanic women have a lot of babies.
10. Hispanic women are the best cleaners.


When it comes to me, clearly I must be an exception because Hispanics don’t go to college. I was actually born in the United States so I am legal, and I am not Mexican. I don’t deal or do drugs, I don’t steal, and I hate Taco Bell. Rice an beans are a big part of a Hispanic’s diet but I love eating Chinese food and Pizza too. I don’t like soccer and I am as pale as any “white” person out there. I do like to clean and keep everything organized but I don’t plan on having (and I haven’t had) a lot of children.


Ethnicity:
1. All Colombians sell cocaine.
2. Shakira an idol to all Colombians.
3. Colombian coffee is the best in the world.
4. Colombia is the most unsafe country in the world.
5. Colombians are the worst of all Hispanic peoples.
6. If you are Puerto Rican, you definitely steal.
7. Puerto Rican people wear the Puerto Rican flag not only on the day of the parade but always.
8. Puerto Rican people are loud.
9. Your car has the strongest subwoofer and the bass is always on high.
10. You speak Spanglish.


As a Colombian, I do not sell cocaine, I like Shakira but she’s not my idol. I actually like Dunkin Donuts Coffee better. As a Puerto Rican, I do not steal, I don’t flaunt the flag left and right, I am not lound, I don’t like loud music. Yes I’ll admit I speak a bit of Spanglish here and there.


Gender:
1. All women know how to cook.
2. Women are nurturing and caring.
3. Women can’t drive.
4. Women are always dieting.
5. Women love to shop.
6. All women nag.
7. Women are always on the phone.
8. All women gossip.
9. If you are the head of a company or if you do your job well you are automatically a BITCH.
10. Women take forever to get dressed.


As a woman, I don’t know how to cook. I actually burn boiling water. I guess I am very nurturing and caring and I think I am a really good driver. I’ll admit I tend to diet and watch my weight, and I do like to shop. My boyfriend tells me that I do nag, but I don’t see it and I don’t really talk on the phone much but my cell phone bill is always ridiculously high. I don’t like gossip or to gossip and it takes me about thirty minutes to get ready for any occasion.

Sexuality:
1. Heterosexuals don’t get aids.
2. If you are a female heterosexual and you sleep with more than one guy you are a whore.
3. Being a heterosexual is the RIGHT way to live life.
4. Heterosexual women who don’t get married are spinsters.
5. Only heterosexuals have children.
6. Heterosexual women must be feminine.

No comments: