Saturday, February 3, 2007

Global communities

Creating a description of what makes me in class was something that came out in the moment without much thought. Myspace, involves other things to consider. Maybe I would like to create the person I want to be and not who I am, therefore I could manipulate certain facts to make it seem as if the person in me had done everything expected of myself. In my case, creating a public person or a character that will be available to any one who has internet is not something attractive. Even if some things could be changed to make it seem like someone else, or if the webpage could be set to private, I would rather not create such image at all. In some ways, this could be beneficial for some people, but when they justify such benefits, other things could have the same function, such as emails or instant messages. Even though I don’t like this idea, global communities are not bad when they are constructed in a good way.

No comments: