Tuesday, February 6, 2007

The SwindleR's Lair






The items that I chose to take pictures of in my room are: my bed, my books, and my collection of books. My books pretty much define who I am, or in some cases who I used to be. My collection is comprised mostly of Bridge technique books because I used to be a bridge fanatic. I also have a big card collection because I love to play cards (although ironically I never play cards in person). It's difficult to find people my age who play bridge because it is generally considered an old-ladies game. As far as my novels go, most of my books (some not shown here) are by white-European authors like Shakespeare and Jane Austen. I used to be into European music (classical), language (German), and literature, until I finally came to my senses and realized that I was not, in fact, a white European. Most of the authors were probably racist anyway, given the era in which they lived (some of this is reflected in Shakespeare's plays), but this is irrelevant to this post. Nonetheless I still love the literature. My room is pretty simple. A bed, a lamp, a clock. I have some old posters on my wall that I had from when I was younger and was into video games and Disney, and even though I'm older I still have them. In a way, they are a link to the past because they remind me of the good old days when I didn't have much to worry about. So, in closing, (as it is 8:57 PM, moments from the deadline), this is my room.

No comments: