Sunday, February 4, 2007

When I wrote my in-class personal narrative last week I felt kind of weird because I cant really describe myself well on a piece of paper in a short amount of time. I felt like no matter what I wrote whoever read it still wouldn’t know much about me besides basic facts like where I live, how many people are in my family etc. I don’t think anyone would be able to really get a feel for who I am by reading it. I think that creating a blog or something online can be a lot more personal because I'd be constantly updating it, writing about my daily routine, friends and other things which could be a lot more informative than any descriptive essay I write. I’m not really into the whole blogging/myspace scene because I just find it unnecessary to put myself out there for everyone to see. I like the idea of getting to know someone in person a lot better than meeting online. I’m also sort of a safety freak so that’s mainly why I’m not really into it. I do have a facebook but I only use it to keep in touch with my friends who are away at college or in Israel and I keep privacy settings on it so people who aren’t my friends can’t view my profile or pictures. For me, I think that being a part of a “global community” does have its benefits and can be very useful in terms of communication and keeping in touch with friends who we don’t necessarily get to see or speak to on a regular basis.

No comments: